Current Employment Opportunities at PointForward, Inc.
PointForward, Inc. (PFI) is a growing technology company with a focus on the oil & gas industry’s technical and data needs. We are focused on the customer’s needs by providing the best solutions and we have a result driven commitment to quality, efficiency and customer service. PFI continues to strive to be the very best industrial technology company in the basin and takes great pride in the people that make the company what it is today and who we hope to be in the future.
PFI is seeking experienced Automation Technicians. The candidate will be responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers), HMIs (Human Machine Interface) and Operator Interfaces. The candidate will demonstrate experience in PLC logic and HMI programming with any of the following manufacturers: Allen Bradley, ABB, Scadapack, AutomationDirect (Koyo), etc. He/she will be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
The candidate will also have the ability to troubleshoot I & E end devices. This person will be a key person in projects and will have the ability to interface with customers, vendors, and manage others involved in the project.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position is required.
• SCADA systems integration
• Familiarity with communication protocols like Modbus Serial, Modbus TCP, AB-DF1, AB-CIP
• Familiarity with Serial communication Formats like RS232 and RS485
• BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is desired.
• Experience with server-side systems such as WonderWare, Cygnet, or similar products.
• Oil and Gas Measurement equipment design, operation, and implementation.
• Knowledge of applicable standards from API, AGA, OSHA, NEC, ASME, etc.
• Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
* PointForward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Pre-employment drug testing and background checks conducted.